Thursday, January 7, 2010

Opinions From 17 Years of Living In This Body

These are my opinions as of 01/07/2010, my 18th birthday. I'll be posting my opinions on different topics of life throughout the year. Note that I don't mind your disagreement, though you will not convince me of anything otherwise. This means that any comments that try to get me to 'understand the truth' will be deleted. It would be a waste of your time to type it all out. These are my opinions; you are not required in my book to share them.
You may or may not wish to read this; you may or may not hate me after.
That is your decision. Choose wisely. Or not; that is also your decision.
I will go by topic just so I don’t type in circles. If you read this and want me to type out my opinions of you, I will. It could be painful for you, but maybe it would help you face things. Maybe it would show you how wrong I am.

A good topic to start with is PARENTING AND CHILDREN, as I am legally moving away from this….

Fucking a young woman and getting her pregnant with your hormones does not give you the right to demand respect from anyone. Your actions are not respectable nor are they respectful.
If you can be impatient at all at any time, you should not be a parent. It would end in much pain for everyone.
If you are a teacher or wish to be a teacher, you should not be a parent.
Teachers think they are teachers, yet they know not and only have a large ego. ‘Life Experience and Wisdom’ is bullshit, as people go through many lives. An infant could have more life experience than you have and you wouldn’t know it unless you look in their eyes and see they are much wiser than you could hope to be at this time.
Do not raise your child up in religion; it may not be the truth. Let them find the truth and their own path in their own time.

Kahlil Gibran, “AND a woman who held a babe against her bosom said, Speak to us of Children.
And he said:
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows form which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer’s hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.”

For those who were raised as children, your parents are but children themselves. They were ‘raised and brought up right’ and they are stuck. They deserve pity and love. Be bitter if you must, but when you are done, look at them in a new light and see just how terrified they are in life, see how much they are children trying to handle responsibilities of life.
For those who are raising their children, look at your children in a new light, as well. See how much your actions and reactions are affecting them, either in a positive or negative way. A lot of parents who try their best ruin their children’s lives. And a lot of parents trying to ruin their children’s lives turn out wonderful people. Just be aware.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    18...oh I think I can remember that far back...actually I remember that it was very sucky...not much fun...but then...looking back...it was probably because I was a miserable old crone even then...ha ha!

    Hope your thoughts are all as outspoken as these...I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you're not THAT old, Celia! And thank you for the birthday wishes! :D -hugs- Your childhood didn't seem like much fun, so directly after that probably wouldn't have been much fun, either. Too much stuff to deal with.

    Yeah, my thoughts generally are so outspoke, haha. My next posts of opinions will be just as. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 18th birthday but only 17 years living in that body? Different body for one year, or ?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, these have been my opinions for the past year. These opinions I have learned from my first 17 years in this body. My 18th year was just ... uh ... not much changed in my thoughts, I guess. Which probably isn't good. It should continually change. Or ... something like that. Hmm. Thanks for bringing that up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgive her, she has a hard time counting. Just be patient; she usually comes to the correct conclusion after coming to the incorrect conclusion after coming to the right conclusion, which, although right, is not as correct as the final conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. -hysterical laugher- HEY! JERK! Lol xD

    ReplyDelete